What is an excellent pool deck? Many persons search for such qualities as longevity, an anti-slip coating, and most importantly, appeal. This may be an explanation why travertine pavers have gained such a popularity – they are highly appreciated in all of these categories, while having an affordable travertine pavers price.
In addition, travertine is famous for being very good-looking. The porous stone can’t absorb heat as easily as other deck materials, protecting your feet on hot summer afternoons. In short, choosing travertine is definitely one of the best methods of building a pool deck.
What does travertine represent?
Travertine is a natural stone that looks like marble or ragstone. People have used it as a construction material from time immemorial. Apart from pavers used for open-air projects, travertine is also frequently used in the form of tile for walls, indoor floors and tabletops.
Travertine is available in many different colors. During shopping, you may also find such terms as tumbled and honed that speak of the unevenness of the surface.
Another thing you should be aware of is that travertine is available in various grades: commercial, standard and premium. It depends on the dimensions and amount of holes in the rock, as well as the color uniformity. As expected, you usually pay extra for the better-quality grades.
Benefits of travertine pavers
Travertine is one of the best options for your backyard pool, isn’t it? If you aren’t fully confident, below you can find a review of some of the largest benefits of travertine pavers:
- Appealing. Travertine pavers look luxurious and go well with both contemporary and naturalistic pool designs.
- Anti-slip surface. Travertine actually absorbs water, which is why there’s less pooling on the surface for persons to slip on.
- Easy to repair. If pavers get damaged or otherwise require replacement, you can just pull them up as necessary. Travertine is famous for holding its color for a long time, which makes it easy to match replacement stone.
- Heat resistant. As noted, travertine is known for not getting excessively hot when the sun is shining on it.
- Cost-effective. Travertine pavers are more expensive than concrete; however, they are cheap than other kinds of cut stone.
However, it also has its drawbacks. The most important of them is that travertine is not the perfect option for cold weather. As indicated, it absorbs water. Unluckily, water expands during freezing, which could eventually lead to shear or damage to rocks. Due to having fewer holes, higher-grade travertine is more likely to withstand the cold climate.
What’s the price of a travertine pool deck?
Until not long ago, most travertine was comparatively costly. But recently, its cost has reduced. Undoubtedly, the smaller price has made travertine increase in popularity.
Well, the precise cost of travertine paver installation is based on different factors, such as your whereabouts. Nevertheless, a common cost of travertine pavers is about $6-15 per square meter. Since the installation of pavers is a time-consuming project, you can save much by doing it on your own.
Taking into account how much time you spend on your pool deck, it’s not difficult to justify spending a bit more for high-grade travertine pavers price. If you can afford it, you will definitely not regret this improvement.